If Package Deployment is not performing as expected, you might need to do some troubleshooting or change settings. Follow this section, before you contact support for assistance.
Test the UI Automation Script
Before you deploy the package to users it is recommended to test it on computers with different Windows versions.
If your UI Script fails on some computer, you can try find error by enabling the Package Test Mode as following:
- Open the Package Options dialog.
- Set the
uiScriptTest option to
- Build the Package.
- Install the Package on the target computer for testing.
When you are having problems deploying a package, examine the log files to troubleshoot the installation.
The Silent Install Builder Installer writes the Installation log to the Windows Event Log.
Event IDs are used: 1751 on Install the Package, and 1752 on Uninstall. Event source name is SIB.
You can view the Log as following:
- Click Windows Start button and Type event.
- Select Event Viewer.
- Navigate to Windows Logs, select Application node.
- On the Actions panel, click Filter current log.
- In the Event Sources field type
SIB and click OK.
- The Silent Install Builder events will be shown.
- Double click on the Event row, to open the Event properties dialog.
- On the General tab scoll-down the text to line The following information was included with the event: . Find the log below this line.